Rs 3,780 crore budget approved for Delhi Jal Board
New Delhi: A Rs 3,780 crore budget was on Wednesday approved for Delhi Jal Board for the year 2012-13 during which the agency will carry out a number of projects to modernise its water distribution network.
The budget, comprising Rs 1984.74 crore of plan allocation and Rs 1796.17 crore of non-plan allocation, was cleared by a DJB board meeting presided over by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit who is also chairperson of the agency.
DJB CEO Ramesh Negi said the agency will further augment the water treatment facilities and distribution network in the current year to meet the growing demands of water in the city.
The Board gave administrative approval for construction of sewerage treatment plants under Yamuna Action Plan-III costing Rs 1656 crore out of which Rs 1407 crore will be funded by Japan International Cooperation Agency through government of India.
Noting that Delhi`s decadal population growth rate is touching 47 per cent against the national average of 21 per cent, he indicated initiating reform in DJB on a bigger scale.
He said there was an urgent need for dedicated management of water supply and sewerage functions in the rapidly expanding capital city.
Complimenting DJB`s efforts in enhancing its infrastructure, Dikshit hoped that the agency will be able to cater to the growing needs of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly