Rs 39 lakh looted inside ATM at gunpoint
New Delhi: Three unidentified men looted Rs 39 lakh from the employees of a cash delivery van at gunpoint when they were refilling an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in the capital on Friday, police said.
The incident was reported from Delhi`s Mansarovar Park area around 11.30 am.
"The accused were chasing the cash van in a Maruti Wagon R car. When the van reached a Union Bank ATM they stopped the car at a distance," a police officer said.
"When two of the cash van employees entered the ATM with a bag containing Rs.39 lakh, they also reached there and attacked guard Shahab Singh, 50. The accused also snatched the guard`s gun and escaped with the money after threatening the employees," the officer said.
A case has been registered and hunt is on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’