Rs 39 lakh looted inside ATM at gunpoint
New Delhi: Three unidentified men looted Rs 39 lakh from the employees of a cash delivery van at gunpoint when they were refilling an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in the capital on Friday, police said.
The incident was reported from Delhi`s Mansarovar Park area around 11.30 am.
"The accused were chasing the cash van in a Maruti Wagon R car. When the van reached a Union Bank ATM they stopped the car at a distance," a police officer said.
"When two of the cash van employees entered the ATM with a bag containing Rs.39 lakh, they also reached there and attacked guard Shahab Singh, 50. The accused also snatched the guard`s gun and escaped with the money after threatening the employees," the officer said.
A case has been registered and hunt is on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT