Rs 39 lakh looted inside ATM at gunpoint
New Delhi: Three unidentified men looted Rs 39 lakh from the employees of a cash delivery van at gunpoint when they were refilling an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in the capital on Friday, police said.
The incident was reported from Delhi`s Mansarovar Park area around 11.30 am.
"The accused were chasing the cash van in a Maruti Wagon R car. When the van reached a Union Bank ATM they stopped the car at a distance," a police officer said.
"When two of the cash van employees entered the ATM with a bag containing Rs.39 lakh, they also reached there and attacked guard Shahab Singh, 50. The accused also snatched the guard`s gun and escaped with the money after threatening the employees," the officer said.
A case has been registered and hunt is on to nab the culprits.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt