Rs 50,000 cash award each to 124 meritorious students
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today announced a cash award of Rs 50,000 each to 124 meritorious students in the city who have been selected for one-time scholarship of Rs one lakh by HRD Ministry for their performance in CBSE class XII exams.
The HRD Ministry had last month announced that it will give scholarship of Rs one lakh each to 200 students across the country for their performance in this year`s CBSE class XII examinations.
"We will give a cash award of Rs 50,000 each to 124 students of Delhi Government schools who have found place in the list of 200 meritorious students at national level," Dikshit said.
She was speaking after felicitating students, principals of a number of schools and officials of directorate of education for "brilliant" performance of the Delhi Government schools in the CBSE class XII examination.
The HRD Ministry has prepared a list of 200 students taking 50 students each from Science, Commerce, Humanity and Vocational streams, based on their performance in the CBSE Class XII examination.
At the function, Dikshit presented `certificate of excellence` to five stream-wise topper students, six deputy directors and six education officers of directorate of education, three schools and 290 principals.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said Delhi Government schools produced "best ever" performance in the CBSE class XII examination for which she was "extremely happy".
"I congratulate the Directorate of Education, principals, teachers and all officers who worked hard to motivate the students them to do well.
"It is also a matter to rejoice that 109 schools achieved 100 per cent success rate against 78 last year. The school education in Delhi has substantially improved since 1999. The Government schools of Delhi are considered better than well established private schools in the City," she said.
Ankit Soni of Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya, Dwarka, was felicitated for securing the highest 97.4 per cent marks in commerce stream while Lalit Lakra of SV school in Paschim Vihar was presented certificate of excellence for securing highest 96.2 per cent in science stream.
Momina Sheikh of GGSSS No-2 in Shakti Nagar and Diksha of SKV, SP Road in Nangloi who were joint toppers with 95.2 per cent marks in Arts were also felicitated.
The Chief Minister also felicitated Taruna from SKV Shadi Khan Pur on securing highest percentage of 92.8 in vocational stream.
Dikshit presented certificates to 290 principals of Delhi Government schools on securing 97 per cent success rate in class XII CBSE exam.
Dikshit also presented national school games trophy to Education Minister Kiran Walia as recognition to Delhi achieving the first position by winning 519 medals including 293 gold medals in national school games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan