Rs 55 lakh reward for clues on Jama Masjid attack
New Delhi: Groping in the dark in the
September 19 Jama Masjid attack case, Delhi Police on Thursday
announced a reward of Rs 25 lakh for anyone with information
on the car blast that occurred there and increased the reward
from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 30 lakh for clues on firing at Taiwanese
With this, the total amount of reward for credible
information related to the attack has gone up to Rs 55 lakh.
Police said the information should come to them within a year.
The two incidents where unidentified motorcycle-borne
attackers shot and injured two Taiwanese nationals outside the
Masjid and a crude pressure cooker bomb blast took place in a
car parked nearby created scare among Delhiites ahead of the
2010 Commonwealth Games.
Commissioner of Police B K Gupta announced that Delhi
Police will give a cash reward of Rs 25 lakh for anyone who
may give information or clues about any person involved in the
car blast on September 19.
A car went up in flames when a "crudely-circuited"
pressure cooker bomb exploded about 50 metres away from the
Jama Masjid where the firing incident took place two hours
Though police and other investigating agencies suspected
the involvement of Indian Mujahideen, no one has been arrested
yet in the case by the Delhi Police Special Cell which is
probing the case.
Gupta also announced that he has enhanced of the amount
of reward from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 30 lakh for any information on
the firing incident that injured two Taiwanese tourists.
A month after the incident, Delhi Police had in October
last year announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for information
about the two bikers who fired at the tourists or anyone who
helped the attackers.
A day ahead of the announcement of the reward in October,
two Kashmiris had approached the police claiming that they
were sent to paste inflammatory posters on Ayodhya in central
Delhi by some persons who were harassing their families.
Though police investigated whether those people who sent
the Kashmiris to Delhi were involved in the firing incident,
no breakthrough was made in this direction.
Investigators have questioned over 50 people in
connection with the strikes but "no concrete" headway has been
made in the probe while several teams had gone to Uttar
Pradesh and Mumbai to find some links in the case.
Police initially attributed the incident to "disgruntled
youths and local criminal gangs" ruling out involvement of any
organised terror outfit.
The assertion came despite the outlawed Indian Mujahideen
claiming responsibility for the strikes and warning of more
attacks ahead of the Games in an e-mail sent to several media
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt