Ruckus at Old Delhi station over late arrival of train
New Delhi: A large number of passengers of Shamli-Delhi passenger created a ruckus at Old Delhi Railway Station on Thursday evening over later arrival of the train, injuring some persons including its driver.
The angry passengers started pelting stones soon after the train arrived at the Old Delhi Railway Station around 9 PM and tried to block tracks.
They damaged several windowpanes of the train, which runs between Shamli in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
Some persons, including the train`s driver, were hurt in the incident, although the injuries were not serious.
Senior police officers rushed to the spot, along with additional forces, and controlled the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Raghuram Rajan, Arvind Subramanian 'foisted' on India by Americans: Swamy
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy terms burkini as 'provocation' that supports radical Islam
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia