Ruckus at Old Delhi station over late arrival of train
New Delhi: A large number of passengers of Shamli-Delhi passenger created a ruckus at Old Delhi Railway Station on Thursday evening over later arrival of the train, injuring some persons including its driver.
The angry passengers started pelting stones soon after the train arrived at the Old Delhi Railway Station around 9 PM and tried to block tracks.
They damaged several windowpanes of the train, which runs between Shamli in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
Some persons, including the train`s driver, were hurt in the incident, although the injuries were not serious.
Senior police officers rushed to the spot, along with additional forces, and controlled the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon