Ruckus in Delhi Assembly over Chauhan issue
New Delhi: The Budget Session of Delhi Assembly began on a stormy note on Tuesday with BJP legislators creating a ruckus demanding the resignation of PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan.
Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra had yesterday made it clear that the Opposition will specifically target Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for "shielding" Chauhan, who was held guilty of "misconduct" of "grave nature" by the Lokayukta for allegedly trying to protect a leading resort in a tax evasion case.
Lokayukta`s had even recommended the removal of Chauhan from the Delhi Cabinet.
Malhotra said the party had also decided to seek special discussion on 21 subjects which included price rise, law and order situation, CWG irregularities, scarcity of drinking water.
The session, which will run till March 31, will have a total of 13 sittings and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will present the Budget on March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'