Ruckus in Delhi Assembly over Chauhan issue
New Delhi: The Budget Session of Delhi Assembly began on a stormy note on Tuesday with BJP legislators creating a ruckus demanding the resignation of PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan.
Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra had yesterday made it clear that the Opposition will specifically target Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for "shielding" Chauhan, who was held guilty of "misconduct" of "grave nature" by the Lokayukta for allegedly trying to protect a leading resort in a tax evasion case.
Lokayukta`s had even recommended the removal of Chauhan from the Delhi Cabinet.
Malhotra said the party had also decided to seek special discussion on 21 subjects which included price rise, law and order situation, CWG irregularities, scarcity of drinking water.
The session, which will run till March 31, will have a total of 13 sittings and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will present the Budget on March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi