Ruckus in Delhi Assembly over Chauhan issue
New Delhi: The Budget Session of Delhi Assembly began on a stormy note on Tuesday with BJP legislators creating a ruckus demanding the resignation of PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan.
Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra had yesterday made it clear that the Opposition will specifically target Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for "shielding" Chauhan, who was held guilty of "misconduct" of "grave nature" by the Lokayukta for allegedly trying to protect a leading resort in a tax evasion case.
Lokayukta`s had even recommended the removal of Chauhan from the Delhi Cabinet.
Malhotra said the party had also decided to seek special discussion on 21 subjects which included price rise, law and order situation, CWG irregularities, scarcity of drinking water.
The session, which will run till March 31, will have a total of 13 sittings and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will present the Budget on March 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"