Ruckus in Delhi Assembly over Chauhan issue
New Delhi: The Budget Session of Delhi Assembly began on a stormy note on Tuesday with BJP legislators creating a ruckus demanding the resignation of PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan.
Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra had yesterday made it clear that the Opposition will specifically target Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for "shielding" Chauhan, who was held guilty of "misconduct" of "grave nature" by the Lokayukta for allegedly trying to protect a leading resort in a tax evasion case.
Lokayukta`s had even recommended the removal of Chauhan from the Delhi Cabinet.
Malhotra said the party had also decided to seek special discussion on 21 subjects which included price rise, law and order situation, CWG irregularities, scarcity of drinking water.
The session, which will run till March 31, will have a total of 13 sittings and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will present the Budget on March 22.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis