Ruling party`s role in 2G scam exposed: Ramdev
New Delhi: In an apparent attack on Congress,
yoga guru Ramdev on Thursday said the Supreme Court`s decision on 2G
spectrum case has exposed the role of the ruling party in the
"The decision of Supreme Court is testimony to the fact
and truth that whole central government is responsible...And
especially, one party which is leading UPA stands exposed,"
Ramdev said in a statement.
Terming the apex court`s decision as "historic", he
said,"...Now it does not remain mere allegation of public and
media but an established crime which has beaten all records of
frauds and scams."
Ramdev demanded that the assets of those involved in the
scam should be confiscated. He also said that in the upcoming
Uttar Pradesh elections, voters would teach a lesson to the
He said the apex court`s remark on CBI clearly proves
that it is functioning merely as a "puppet in the hands of
of Central government".
"Now, it is high time to make all constitutional bodies
independent and effective, in order to safeguard our democracy
and independence," the yoga guru said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre