Runaway juvenile gangleader apprehended again
New Delhi: A 17-year-old boy, accused of
heading a gang of juveniles accused of burglaries and then
setting their targets on fire, was apprehended here this
morning four days after he escaped from a juvenile home.
The boy along with another minor was on way to "take
revenge" on a woman from whose residence he was apprehended on
March nine during a robbery attempt, a senior police official
"We arrested them from Pilanji village. He recovered a
stolen motorcycle and a knife," the official said. They were
caught at around 7 am.
Both the minors had escaped with 26 others from the
remand home in north-west Delhi`s Mukherjee Nagar on March 15.
The 17-year-old gang leader had escaped from the
remand home at least five times in the last seven years.
After eluding law for sometime, he was last caught on
March ten when he allegedly attempted to rob the house of one
Lalita in Pillanji village in Sarojini Nagar.
When met with resistance from Lalita and her son and
as police was closing in, he hit himself with a brick on his
head to terrorise the complainant to escape from the scene.
However, he was caught.
"He told us that he wanted to take revenge on the lady
who helped police in catching him last time," the official
His gang, which police believe is involved in more
than 100 thefts and burglaries over the past few years, had
allegedly set on fire eight houses after burglary and theft in
the past one year. While six incidents were reported last
year, two such cases took place this year.
The group were allegedly involved in burglaries and
setting of fire their targets in Laxmi Bai Nagar, Sarojini
Nagar, Kotla and R K Puram.
The juvenile had earlier told police that his gang
used to dispose off stolen articles in Bihar through one
of their contacts staying in Badarpur area.
On February 24, two juveniles allegedly involved in a
burglary in a government quarters in Sarojini Nagar and set
the house on fire, were arrested while attempting another
crime in the locality.
A fortnight later, another members of the gang burgled
the rented accommodation of an Army jawan who also set on fire
the house in south Delhi`s Sarojini Nagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you