Runaway minor found at Metro station, handed back to family
New Delhi: A 13-year-old runaway girl, who was found alone at a metro station in West Delhi on Saturday, was handed over to her family, police said.
The minor girl from the city was found at Surajmal Stadium station on the Green Line metro by CISF staff.
According to them, the girl said that she ran away from her home after being "ill-treated" by her step mother.
"The girl was found alone this afternoon inside Surajmal Stadium station premises. When the CISF staff approached to inquire about her, she started crying. She told that her real mother was no more and her step mother was ill-treating her, and so she did not want to go back home," one of the CISF staff who had found her, told PTI.
"Later, we handed over the girl to the Rithala Metro Police Station," he said.
Later, the police informed her father, who lives in Adhyapk Nagar Colony of Nangloi area. He came and picked up the minor back home.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India