Runaway minor found at Metro station, handed back to family
New Delhi: A 13-year-old runaway girl, who was found alone at a metro station in West Delhi on Saturday, was handed over to her family, police said.
The minor girl from the city was found at Surajmal Stadium station on the Green Line metro by CISF staff.
According to them, the girl said that she ran away from her home after being "ill-treated" by her step mother.
"The girl was found alone this afternoon inside Surajmal Stadium station premises. When the CISF staff approached to inquire about her, she started crying. She told that her real mother was no more and her step mother was ill-treating her, and so she did not want to go back home," one of the CISF staff who had found her, told PTI.
"Later, we handed over the girl to the Rithala Metro Police Station," he said.
Later, the police informed her father, who lives in Adhyapk Nagar Colony of Nangloi area. He came and picked up the minor back home.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report