Runaway minor found at Metro station, handed back to family
New Delhi: A 13-year-old runaway girl, who was found alone at a metro station in West Delhi on Saturday, was handed over to her family, police said.
The minor girl from the city was found at Surajmal Stadium station on the Green Line metro by CISF staff.
According to them, the girl said that she ran away from her home after being "ill-treated" by her step mother.
"The girl was found alone this afternoon inside Surajmal Stadium station premises. When the CISF staff approached to inquire about her, she started crying. She told that her real mother was no more and her step mother was ill-treating her, and so she did not want to go back home," one of the CISF staff who had found her, told PTI.
"Later, we handed over the girl to the Rithala Metro Police Station," he said.
Later, the police informed her father, who lives in Adhyapk Nagar Colony of Nangloi area. He came and picked up the minor back home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why