Runaway minor found at Metro station, handed back to family
New Delhi: A 13-year-old runaway girl, who was found alone at a metro station in West Delhi on Saturday, was handed over to her family, police said.
The minor girl from the city was found at Surajmal Stadium station on the Green Line metro by CISF staff.
According to them, the girl said that she ran away from her home after being "ill-treated" by her step mother.
"The girl was found alone this afternoon inside Surajmal Stadium station premises. When the CISF staff approached to inquire about her, she started crying. She told that her real mother was no more and her step mother was ill-treating her, and so she did not want to go back home," one of the CISF staff who had found her, told PTI.
"Later, we handed over the girl to the Rithala Metro Police Station," he said.
Later, the police informed her father, who lives in Adhyapk Nagar Colony of Nangloi area. He came and picked up the minor back home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof