Runaway minor found at Metro station, handed back to family
New Delhi: A 13-year-old runaway girl, who was found alone at a metro station in West Delhi on Saturday, was handed over to her family, police said.
The minor girl from the city was found at Surajmal Stadium station on the Green Line metro by CISF staff.
According to them, the girl said that she ran away from her home after being "ill-treated" by her step mother.
"The girl was found alone this afternoon inside Surajmal Stadium station premises. When the CISF staff approached to inquire about her, she started crying. She told that her real mother was no more and her step mother was ill-treating her, and so she did not want to go back home," one of the CISF staff who had found her, told PTI.
"Later, we handed over the girl to the Rithala Metro Police Station," he said.
Later, the police informed her father, who lives in Adhyapk Nagar Colony of Nangloi area. He came and picked up the minor back home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year