Rural areas of Delhi to get access to modern healthcare
New Delhi: People living in rural areas of the capital will soon get access to modern healthcare facilities with Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today asking the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences to launch mobile vans to provide treatment related to liver ailments.
Dikshit also flagged concerns over increasing number of cases of liver getting affected due to huge intake of alcohol as the ILBS chief said over 48 per cent of their liver patients were found to be alcoholic.
"People who take alcohol should know that their liver gets affected. Their families also face problems due to this," she said.
She was reacting to statement made by ILBS chief Dr S K Sarin that 48 per cent of the liver patients who come to the hospital were alcoholic.
At the 3rd Foundation Day of the ILBS, she suggested that the ILBS launch mobile vans in rural areas of the capital to provide treatment to people affected with diseases related to liver.
"Not many people know about ailments related to their liver. There needs to be an awareness and people should get their liver checked regularly. I want ILBS to have mobile vans with medical facilities so that we can help them in their venture," she said.
Responding to a query on Delhi Police, she said everyone wants the force to become "more modern and more sensitive".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM