Sacked Delhi official commits suicide
New Delhi: A Delhi government official, who was arrested and sacked for taking a bribe, committed suicide by hanging himself in his daughter`s house here, police said Saturday.
"Dharamvir Sharma`s body was found hanging at his daughter`s house in Dwarka area (of west Delhi) this evening," Additional Commissioner of Police A.K. Ojha told IANS.
"He was residing with his family in Lakshmibai Nagar (south Delhi). Today (Saturday) morning he went to his daughter`s house at Evergreen Apartment in Sector 7 of Dwarka," said a police officer.
Police said a suicide note was found on Sharma`s body which stated: "I am committing suicide at my daughter`s house. I am very ashamed. I have been falsely implicated in the CBI case."
Sharma, who was an assistant commissioner in the food and civil supply department, was reportedly depressed for the last few months.
He was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on bribery charges in August for allegedly demanding and receiving Rs.15,000 for renewing a ration shop`s license, an officer said.
His family told police that he twice tried to commit suicide after the case against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal