Sacked IAS couple among 127 officers who failed to submit IPRs
New Delhi: Sacked IAS couple Arvind and Tinu Joshi are among 127 officers who have failed to submit their immovable property returns (IPRs) to the government within the stipulated time period this year.
The Joshis, both 1979 batch officers of Madhya Pradesh cadre, hogged the news after the Income Tax department raided their residence in February, 2010 and unearthed assets valued at Rs 360 crore.
The duo, who were later suspended by the Madhya Pradesh government, had submitted IPR for 2010. The state government has recommended dismissal of both the officers from the service to the Centre.
Of the total erring officials, a highest of 32 IAS officers are from Madhya Pradesh cadre, 16 from Uttar Pradesh, 14 from Punjab and 12 from Odisha cadre who have not submitted their property details for 2011, according to a latest data from the Department of Personnel and Training.
Besides, eight officers of AP cadre, seven each from Haryana and Karnataka, four each of Arunachal Pradesh-Goa- Mizoram-Union Territories, Uttarakhand, Nagaland and Manipur- Tripura cadre, three from West Bengal cadre, two each from Assam, Tamil Nadu and one each of Chhattisgarh, HP, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Kerala, Sikkim and Rajasthan cadre.
The total sanctioned strength of IAS is 6,154, including 1,885 promotion posts. Of these, 4,377 officers are in position.
An all-India service officer is bound to file property returns of a year by January end of the following year, failing which promotion and empanelment to senior level postings may be denied.
The data also include L V Nilesh, a 1991 batch IAS
officer of Maharashtra cadre, who was deemed to have resigned from the services by the government earlier this month for unauthorised absence from duty.
There are 216 other IAS officers who did not submit IPRs for the year 2010.
Among these officials, a highest of 30 officers are from West Bengal cadre, 24 from Karnataka, 19 from Jammu and Kashmir, 17 from Bihar, 16 from Madhya Pradesh, 13 from Odisha, 10 each from Uttar Pradesh and Manipur-Tripura cadre and eight each from Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram-Union Territories and Uttarakhand cadres have failed to submit the mandatory property returns.
Seven IAS officers of Punjab cadre, six of Himachal Pradesh, five of Kerala, four each of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Haryana, three each of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and two each of Assam, Sikkim and Nagaland and one each of Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan and Maharashtra have not submitted their IPRs for 2010, according to the DoPT data.
The IAS officers have earlier claimed that they had submitted their IPRs in time but the state governments did not send them to the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, which acts as a nodal ministry related to administrative matters.
Besides these officials, there are are 453 officers of Indian Police Service who have failed to submit their IPR of the last year. The sanctioned strength of IPS is 3,393.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo