SAD: NDA best alternative to Congress
New Delhi: Riding on its success in Punjab where it created history by returning to power for a second consecutive term, NDA ally Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) on Saturday favoured early Lok Sabha polls, saying the country had come to a standstill under Congress rule and people were fed up.
Badal also said NDA was currently the best alternative to Congress at the Centre in case the country went for early general elections.
"I think there should be elections as soon as possible... all are so fed up... because not a single decision is being taken by the government of India. Cases, projects are pending for years.
The main meetings are not taking place... How can the country come to a standstill? I personally feel that the country has come to a standstill under the Congres rule," SAD (B) president Sukhbir Singh Badal said here on Saturday.
When asked if SAD (B) was working towards a new alternative at the Centre with Trinamool Congress and Janta Dal (United), he said the NDA would provide the "best alternative to the Congress at this moment".
"At this moment, I think the BJP, the Akalis, the NDA is the best alternative for this nation. And I think this alternative whenever it was in government before, actually
performed and gave positive results.
All infrastructure, major projects were initiated during Vajpayee government. So I think the next alternative and the only alternative to Congress is the NDA," he told reporters.
Charging Congress with being responsible for "corruption at such high scale", Badal said the party was being wiped out of the country as people were fed up with it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog