SAD: NDA best alternative to Congress
New Delhi: Riding on its success in Punjab where it created history by returning to power for a second consecutive term, NDA ally Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) on Saturday favoured early Lok Sabha polls, saying the country had come to a standstill under Congress rule and people were fed up.
Badal also said NDA was currently the best alternative to Congress at the Centre in case the country went for early general elections.
"I think there should be elections as soon as possible... all are so fed up... because not a single decision is being taken by the government of India. Cases, projects are pending for years.
The main meetings are not taking place... How can the country come to a standstill? I personally feel that the country has come to a standstill under the Congres rule," SAD (B) president Sukhbir Singh Badal said here on Saturday.
When asked if SAD (B) was working towards a new alternative at the Centre with Trinamool Congress and Janta Dal (United), he said the NDA would provide the "best alternative to the Congress at this moment".
"At this moment, I think the BJP, the Akalis, the NDA is the best alternative for this nation. And I think this alternative whenever it was in government before, actually
performed and gave positive results.
All infrastructure, major projects were initiated during Vajpayee government. So I think the next alternative and the only alternative to Congress is the NDA," he told reporters.
Charging Congress with being responsible for "corruption at such high scale", Badal said the party was being wiped out of the country as people were fed up with it.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Anurag Kashyap will strike back with 'Raman Raghav 2.0' : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City