Salman, Amir acquitted of robbery charges
New Delhi: Two youths, accused of robbing a Delhi secretariat woman employee of Rs 300 on knife point, have been let off by a city court due to the victim`s failure to identify them.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Narinder Kumar absolved Delhi residents Salman and Amir of the robbery charges saying the woman has also not supported the prosecution story about the arrest of the two accused and recovery of case property.
"The complainant (Deepti) has neither identified the two accused nor supported the statement made by police officials regarding arrest of Salman and recovery of case property from him.
"According to her, she had gone to police station (I P Estate) and told the police about the occurrence there, it becomes difficult to believe that the complainant was present on the given date, time and place of arrest of Salman," the court said.
The prosecution case dated back to January 20, 2011, when the two youths had allegedly accosted her at Yamuna bridge near the secretariat and had snatched her purse containing Rs 300 and some documents.
It said when as she raised an alarm, the police, present on duty, near the scene of crime, nabbed Salman but Amir managed to escape. He, however, was arrested later, it added.
The woman, however, told the court that she had called up the police to intimate it about the incident. She did not support the police version either on the arrest of the accused at the spot.
Observing that prosecution has failed to substantiate the allegations levelled against any of the two accused, the judge in his judgement said, "this court hereby orders acquittal of both accused Salman and Amir".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?