Sandeep Dikshit files nomination papers
New Delhi: Congress candidate and sitting MP Sandeep Dikshit Friday filed his nomination papers from East Delhi Lok Sabha constituency.
Flanked by hundreds of Congress workers and amid slogan shouting, Dikshit, 49, submitted his nomination papers before the Returning officer at Deputy Commissioner`s office in East Delhi.
Exuding confidence of retaining his seat, Dikshit said, "Though we lost the Delhi assembly elections, there is no loss of enthusiasm among party workers. We are confident of winning this time around as the so-called wave is over."
In an apparent attack on AAP-led Delhi government, Dikshit said, "An illusion was created by making attractive promises and people thought to give other parties a chance thinking their lives would be better. They were attracted towards those promises of other parties. This happens sometimes, but now that so-called wave is over."
On a question on BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s "wave" in the country, Dikshit said there was no such thing on ground and it was just a "creation" of media.
"As far as Modi`s wave is concerned, there is a lot of confusion and resentment in the party. One candidate is angry about not getting Lok Sabha ticket, while another is not ready to contest from the given seat. What kind of wave is that?" Dikshit said, adding that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi has given a strong leadership to the party.
Dikshit faces a three-cornered contest in the constituency as BJP has fielded Maheish Girri while AAP`s Rajmohan Gandhi is the other main contender.
On his way out of the DC`s office after filing nomination papers, Dikshit was hoisted on shoulders by party workers, who jostled to meet and shake hands with their leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug