Sandeep Dikshit for alarm system in DTC buses
New Delhi: Congress MP Sandeep Dikshit on Wednesday suggested the installation of an alarm system in DTC buses so that women travelling on them can use the facility whenever in distress.
Seeking better safety measures for women in public transport, the East Delhi MP said installation of alarm would improve safety of women travelling on DTC buses as bus drivers will be able to take necessary steps immediately after hearing sound of alarm.
The Delhi Government is under pressure to improve safety of women in public transport in the wake of the December 16 gangrape of a 23-year-old girl in Delhi which triggered nation-wide outrage.
Dikshit was speaking at a function at Vishwas Nagar where Delhi Transport Minister Ramakan Goswami inaugurated a newly constructed DTC Bus Terminal.
Speaking on the occasion, Goswami said the DTC was committed to provide more reliable and efficient bus service to its commuters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state