Sandeep Dikshit in bungalow allotment row in MP
New Delhi: Sandeep Dikshit, Congress Member of Parliament (MP) and son of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, has been accused of obtaining a posh bungalow in the Arera Hills locality of Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh by using his influence.
Reports, Friday, claimed that former Jabalpur Director General of Police (DGP) and RTI activist Arun Gurtu has filed a petition in the state’s High Court challenging the allotment of a bungalow by the state’s housing board to the East Delhi MP.
In his plea, Gurtu had questioned why the Madhya Pradesh Housing Board has allotted the bungalow to Sandeep, who lives in Delhi and has no connection with Bhopal.
Defending himself, the Congress MP says that he has been allotted the bungalow through a fair allotment process and has denied any wrong doing.
Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister has also defended his son saying there is nothing wrong in the allotment as all due procedures were followed before allotment.
This is the second time when the young Congress MP has landed in troubled waters. Just recently, he was in news for accidentally leaving behind a bag containing Rs10 lakh in cash in a Bhopal-bound train.
However, he later claimed that the money belonged to his friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo