Sandeep Dikshit in bungalow allotment row in MP
New Delhi: Sandeep Dikshit, Congress Member of Parliament (MP) and son of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, has been accused of obtaining a posh bungalow in the Arera Hills locality of Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh by using his influence.
Reports, Friday, claimed that former Jabalpur Director General of Police (DGP) and RTI activist Arun Gurtu has filed a petition in the state’s High Court challenging the allotment of a bungalow by the state’s housing board to the East Delhi MP.
In his plea, Gurtu had questioned why the Madhya Pradesh Housing Board has allotted the bungalow to Sandeep, who lives in Delhi and has no connection with Bhopal.
Defending himself, the Congress MP says that he has been allotted the bungalow through a fair allotment process and has denied any wrong doing.
Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister has also defended his son saying there is nothing wrong in the allotment as all due procedures were followed before allotment.
This is the second time when the young Congress MP has landed in troubled waters. Just recently, he was in news for accidentally leaving behind a bag containing Rs10 lakh in cash in a Bhopal-bound train.
However, he later claimed that the money belonged to his friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi