Sandeep Dikshit served notice by EC
New Delhi: Congress MP from East Delhi Sandeep Dikshit was on Friday served a notice by Delhi Election Commission for alleged violation of model code of conduct which came to force since the day the Lok sabha election dates were announced.
The notice has been issued by Returning Officer of East Delhi Niharika Rai for carrying out a foot march along with over 100 supporters without taking permission of the concerned authorities.
Rai issued the notice after receiving a report from the Geeta Colony police.
"SHO, Geeta Colony, complained that Sandeep Dikshit, MP from East Delhi parliamentary constituency, organised a Pada Yatra on March 6 at 2.30PM along with around 100 supporters in his constituency area without having any permission from returning officer," the notice read.
The flying squad of the area has given its report along with the CD covering the whole event which at prima facia shows that Dikshit has violated the Model Code of Conduct.
The RO has directed Dikshit to appear before her along with the requisite reply to explain violation of the model code", failing which it will be construed that he has nothing to say in this regard and legal action as per law will be initiated without any further correspondence."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"