Sanitation drive near temples and mosques: MCD
New Delhi: The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Tuesday constituted a task force in each zone of the city for improving sanitation and cleanliness around temples and mosques for the upcoming festival season.
Standing Committee chairman Yogendra Chandolia said: "The pious `Ramzan` fasting by Muslim brethren is to begin and festival of `Janmashtami` is also falling in this month. Markets and streets near mosques and temples will be crowded, thus sanitation, cleanliness and street lighting should be properly managed."
"Additional staff to check the sanitation drive can be deputed in the busy market areas," he added.
The task force will be headed by the assistant commissioner of that particular zone. Chandolia also assured that he will be visiting the temples and mosques to inspect the cleanliness.
"The particular zonal officer will be held responsible for any laxity found in the sanitation drive," he warned.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India