Sanitation drive near temples and mosques: MCD
New Delhi: The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Tuesday constituted a task force in each zone of the city for improving sanitation and cleanliness around temples and mosques for the upcoming festival season.
Standing Committee chairman Yogendra Chandolia said: "The pious `Ramzan` fasting by Muslim brethren is to begin and festival of `Janmashtami` is also falling in this month. Markets and streets near mosques and temples will be crowded, thus sanitation, cleanliness and street lighting should be properly managed."
"Additional staff to check the sanitation drive can be deputed in the busy market areas," he added.
The task force will be headed by the assistant commissioner of that particular zone. Chandolia also assured that he will be visiting the temples and mosques to inspect the cleanliness.
"The particular zonal officer will be held responsible for any laxity found in the sanitation drive," he warned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan