Sanitation drive near temples and mosques: MCD
New Delhi: The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Tuesday constituted a task force in each zone of the city for improving sanitation and cleanliness around temples and mosques for the upcoming festival season.
Standing Committee chairman Yogendra Chandolia said: "The pious `Ramzan` fasting by Muslim brethren is to begin and festival of `Janmashtami` is also falling in this month. Markets and streets near mosques and temples will be crowded, thus sanitation, cleanliness and street lighting should be properly managed."
"Additional staff to check the sanitation drive can be deputed in the busy market areas," he added.
The task force will be headed by the assistant commissioner of that particular zone. Chandolia also assured that he will be visiting the temples and mosques to inspect the cleanliness.
"The particular zonal officer will be held responsible for any laxity found in the sanitation drive," he warned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'