Sanitation drive near temples and mosques: MCD
New Delhi: The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Tuesday constituted a task force in each zone of the city for improving sanitation and cleanliness around temples and mosques for the upcoming festival season.
Standing Committee chairman Yogendra Chandolia said: "The pious `Ramzan` fasting by Muslim brethren is to begin and festival of `Janmashtami` is also falling in this month. Markets and streets near mosques and temples will be crowded, thus sanitation, cleanliness and street lighting should be properly managed."
"Additional staff to check the sanitation drive can be deputed in the busy market areas," he added.
The task force will be headed by the assistant commissioner of that particular zone. Chandolia also assured that he will be visiting the temples and mosques to inspect the cleanliness.
"The particular zonal officer will be held responsible for any laxity found in the sanitation drive," he warned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics