Saradha chit fund scam accused produced in court
New Delhi: Police produced the three accused in the Saradha chit-fund case in a court in New Delhi.
Police had detained three persons - Sudipto Sen, Debjani Mukherjee and Arvind Singh Chouhan from Jammu and Kashmir last month in April.
Reportedly, Sen is the chairman of Saradha group, a non-banking financial company that was allegedly defaulting on repayment of depositors`` dues. Sen was on the run to evade the arm of law.
The company had lured investors with promises of rich dividends in its chit fund scheme. Chit funds are saving schemes practiced in India by private financial firms. Earlier in the day, a delegation of India`s Communist Party of India (Marxist) also met Finance Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram to discuss the issue of investment scam.
Meanwhile, depositors, who were allegedly duped of money, have been holding daily protests in various places of West Bengal to claim their money They ransacked the properties and school buildings, owned by it in the region.
The Saradha Group has shutdown several of its media organisations including newspapers and television channels that it had launched or acquired since 2010, and in the process left scores of journalists and hundreds of others in the lurch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read