Satyavrat Chaturvedi in Cong media panel
New Delhi: Congress MP Satyavrat
Chaturvedi, who was debarred from holding media briefings
after his controversial remarks against NCP chief Sharad
Pawar, has been included in the list of a panel formed by the
party to present its case effectively in the electronic media.
Besides Chaturvedi, Rajya Sabha MP Rajiv Shukla has
also been included in the list.
Chaturvdei, a Rajya Sabha MP, earlier debarred from
holding media briefings after he made some controversial
remarks against Pawar in March this year.
The Congress had yesterday formed a panel of
15 senior leaders, who were authorised to participate in
debates and discussion in the media in the wake of the 2G
With the inclusion of the two names today, the panel
has now seventeen members.
The list included five Union ministers -- Ghulam Nabi
Azad, Ambika Soni, Pawan Kumar Bansal, C P Joshi and Jairam
Ramesh, party spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi, Manish
Tewari, Jayanti Natarajan, Mohan Prakash and Shakeel Ahmed.
Other senior leaders who are in the panel are Girija
Vyas, Renuka Chowdhury, P C Chacko, Raj Babbar and Sanjay
Nirupam, said party general secretary and chairman of the AICC
media department Janardan Dwivedi.
Soni, Azad and Vyas had been former chairpersons of
AICC media department.
The AICC had earlier announced such a panel with 21
members in 2008 when the nuclear deal controversy was raging.
A number of Union Ministers and senior party leaders included
in the former panel do not find their names in this panel.
A senior party leader, however, said that names keep
on revising according to situations whenever new panels are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog