Saxena holds key to cash-for-vote scam: Police
New Delhi: Sanjeev Saxena, once
considered close to Amar Singh, holds the key to unravel the
2008 `cash-for-vote scam`, Delhi Police said on Monday as it
prepares itself to launch a search for a driver and a mobile
phone used by him at the time of delivery of cash.
Investigators, who consider Saxena as the "key player"
in the whole scam as he carried money to the three BJP MPs to
be bought over for voting in favour of UPA government during
the trust vote on July 22, 2008, is preparing to question more
people in the scam and if needed, more arrests.
Saxena was arrested yesterday, two days after the apex
court came down heavily on Delhi Police for its "callous
approach" in probing the scam and asking why it has not taken
action so far against those involved in the case.
Police expressed the hope that his questioning will
lead to unravelling of the events which led to the scam and
who were behind the whole drama.
"Our immediate priority is to locate the mobile phone
used by him at the time of delivery of the money as it was
allegedly used in conversations among BJP MPs and Amar Singh,"
a senior police official said.
Police is also looking for one Sanjay, the then driver
of Singh, as he was with Saxena at the time of delivery of the
money to the MPs, the official said.
The official said police have crosschecked statements
of the MPs and it stood corroborated with the video footage of
a sting operation carried out by a TV channel.
The official claimed police had collected enough
evidence against Saxena. "He is giving contradictory
statements but we will crack him," he said.
The official said the investigators may question Amar
Singh, Sudheendra Kulkarni and a few others in the coming
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya