Saxena holds key to cash-for-vote scam: Police
New Delhi: Sanjeev Saxena, once
considered close to Amar Singh, holds the key to unravel the
2008 `cash-for-vote scam`, Delhi Police said on Monday as it
prepares itself to launch a search for a driver and a mobile
phone used by him at the time of delivery of cash.
Investigators, who consider Saxena as the "key player"
in the whole scam as he carried money to the three BJP MPs to
be bought over for voting in favour of UPA government during
the trust vote on July 22, 2008, is preparing to question more
people in the scam and if needed, more arrests.
Saxena was arrested yesterday, two days after the apex
court came down heavily on Delhi Police for its "callous
approach" in probing the scam and asking why it has not taken
action so far against those involved in the case.
Police expressed the hope that his questioning will
lead to unravelling of the events which led to the scam and
who were behind the whole drama.
"Our immediate priority is to locate the mobile phone
used by him at the time of delivery of the money as it was
allegedly used in conversations among BJP MPs and Amar Singh,"
a senior police official said.
Police is also looking for one Sanjay, the then driver
of Singh, as he was with Saxena at the time of delivery of the
money to the MPs, the official said.
The official said police have crosschecked statements
of the MPs and it stood corroborated with the video footage of
a sting operation carried out by a TV channel.
The official claimed police had collected enough
evidence against Saxena. "He is giving contradictory
statements but we will crack him," he said.
The official said the investigators may question Amar
Singh, Sudheendra Kulkarni and a few others in the coming
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'