SC asks city police to probe threat to IIT prof by ED chief
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday asked
the Delhi Police Commissioner to probe an IIT professor`s
complaint that he had been threatened by the Enforcement
Directorate chief for writing to the PMO, accusing him of
wrongdoing in connection with the black money case.
Prof SK Dubey told a bench of justices B Sudershan
Reddy and SS Nijjar that he had lodged a complaint with the
the Delhi Police that he had been threatened by ED chief Arun
Mathur for writing a letter to the Prime Minister, detailing
an alleged incident of corruption against Mathur and his two
Ordering the city police commissioner to probe into
the allegation, the bench asked him to submit his action taken
report to the court by next Friday when it is slated to hear
Dubey is one of the petitioners along with former
super cop Julius Riberio seeking investigation into the issue
of black money deposited in banks abroad and their retrieval.
The bench also asked the Centre and the ED to respond
to two affidavits filed by another petitioner Jasveer Singh,
pointing out allegations against Mathur and his two associates
Prabha Kant and SK Sawhney.
The bench said on the next date of hearing it will
also like to seek a specific response from the ED about its
investigation into the source of money deposited in foreign
The bench said the Centre will have to clarify its
stand on the issue of handing over the investigation of the
case to the court-appointed special investigation team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre