SC asks NCPCR to inquire into trafficking of children
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Wednesday ordered
an inquiry by National Commission for Protection of Child
Rights (NCPCR) into the trafficking of children from Manipur
and Assam to Tamil Nadu.
A Bench, headed by Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan, asked
the Commission to place its report within four weeks and
posted the matter for hearing in May.
The court asked the Tamil Nadu government to furnish
names of the children who were rescued from Kanyakumari
district and and their parents.
It was hearing an application based on a media report
about recovery of 76 such children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head