SC expresses concern over smog and pollution in Delhi
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday expressed concern over the rising pollution and smog in the national capital and decided to deal with it.
"We are concerned with the level of smog in the city. Everyday we are hearing about the rising level of pollution in the city. We will deal with the matter," a bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir said.
The observations were made during the hearing of a matter relating to the waste of the Bhopal gas tragedy at the Union Carbide plant.
The MeT officials, meanwhile, said the smoggy condition is due to low temperature and lack of wind, but it is likely to dispel after November 7 when the weather will experience some change in wind pattern due to approaching western disturbance.
The cause of smoggy weather has been attributed to non dispersal of pollutants due to lower temperature and lower wind speed. The city`s air pollution too has contributed to this type of weather, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!