SC expresses concern over smog and pollution in Delhi
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday expressed concern over the rising pollution and smog in the national capital and decided to deal with it.
"We are concerned with the level of smog in the city. Everyday we are hearing about the rising level of pollution in the city. We will deal with the matter," a bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir said.
The observations were made during the hearing of a matter relating to the waste of the Bhopal gas tragedy at the Union Carbide plant.
The MeT officials, meanwhile, said the smoggy condition is due to low temperature and lack of wind, but it is likely to dispel after November 7 when the weather will experience some change in wind pattern due to approaching western disturbance.
The cause of smoggy weather has been attributed to non dispersal of pollutants due to lower temperature and lower wind speed. The city`s air pollution too has contributed to this type of weather, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony