SC extends Tejpal`s interim bail till June 27
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Tuesday extended the interim bail of Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal - accused of sexually assaulting his junior women colleague - till June 27 so that he could attend some of the rituals related to his mother`s death.
While extending the duration of the interim bail, the apex court bench of Justice J.S. Khehar and Justice C. Nagappan brushed aside the Goa government`s objections to Tejpal`s plea for extension of the interim bail.
Tejpal was arrested in Goa following accusation of alleged sexual assault on his junior woman colleague Nov 7-8 in a five-star hotel during an event that was organised by Tehelka.
He sought an extension of six weeks as he had to perform some r rituals connected with his mother`s death, who passed away last month.
On May 19, the apex court granted Tejpal three weeks` interim bail so that he could carry out the last rites and other rituals of his mother.
He was charged Feb 18 with rape, sexual harassment and outraging the modesty of his colleague.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India