SC extends Tejpal`s interim bail till June 27
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Tuesday extended the interim bail of Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal - accused of sexually assaulting his junior women colleague - till June 27 so that he could attend some of the rituals related to his mother`s death.
While extending the duration of the interim bail, the apex court bench of Justice J.S. Khehar and Justice C. Nagappan brushed aside the Goa government`s objections to Tejpal`s plea for extension of the interim bail.
Tejpal was arrested in Goa following accusation of alleged sexual assault on his junior woman colleague Nov 7-8 in a five-star hotel during an event that was organised by Tehelka.
He sought an extension of six weeks as he had to perform some r rituals connected with his mother`s death, who passed away last month.
On May 19, the apex court granted Tejpal three weeks` interim bail so that he could carry out the last rites and other rituals of his mother.
He was charged Feb 18 with rape, sexual harassment and outraging the modesty of his colleague.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?