SC extends Tejpal`s interim bail till June 27
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Tuesday extended the interim bail of Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal - accused of sexually assaulting his junior women colleague - till June 27 so that he could attend some of the rituals related to his mother`s death.
While extending the duration of the interim bail, the apex court bench of Justice J.S. Khehar and Justice C. Nagappan brushed aside the Goa government`s objections to Tejpal`s plea for extension of the interim bail.
Tejpal was arrested in Goa following accusation of alleged sexual assault on his junior woman colleague Nov 7-8 in a five-star hotel during an event that was organised by Tehelka.
He sought an extension of six weeks as he had to perform some r rituals connected with his mother`s death, who passed away last month.
On May 19, the apex court granted Tejpal three weeks` interim bail so that he could carry out the last rites and other rituals of his mother.
He was charged Feb 18 with rape, sexual harassment and outraging the modesty of his colleague.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'