SC gives CBI two weeks extension in Prajapati case
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday gave the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) another two weeks time to complete its investigation and file a chargesheet in the Tulsiram Prajapati fake shootout case.
An apex court bench headed by Justice B.S. Chauhan also told the investigating agency that this would be the last extension.
Tulsiram Prajapati, according to the CBI, was an eyewitness to the abduction of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar Bi by Gujarat police in 2005 while they were travelling from Hyderabad to Sangli in Maharshtra.
The probe agency has sought one month`s time to prepare the final report and file the chargesheet in the case.
It said that the extension has been necessitated because of the change in the chief investigating officer. The investigating agency said that the earlier chief investigating officer has been replaced by the CBI Superintendent of Police Sandeep Tamgadge.
The apex court has handed over the investigation in the case to the CBI on the plea by his mother Narmada Bai April 8 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'