SC notice to Leila Kabir on George Fernandes visiting rights
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday issued notice to Leila Kabir Fernandes over a petition filed by Samata Party leader Jaya Jaitley seeking visitation rights to ailing former defence minister George Fernandes.
The apex court bench headed by P. Sathasivam issued notice on Jaitley`s petition challenging an earlier Delhi High Court order rejecting her plea of visitation rights.
Leila Kabir Fernandes is the wife of George Fernandes, who is suffering from Alzheimer`s disease, while Jaya Jaitley is a close friend and political colleague of the socialist leader of yesteryears for the last three decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand