SC notice to Leila Kabir on George Fernandes visiting rights
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday issued notice to Leila Kabir Fernandes over a petition filed by Samata Party leader Jaya Jaitley seeking visitation rights to ailing former defence minister George Fernandes.
The apex court bench headed by P. Sathasivam issued notice on Jaitley`s petition challenging an earlier Delhi High Court order rejecting her plea of visitation rights.
Leila Kabir Fernandes is the wife of George Fernandes, who is suffering from Alzheimer`s disease, while Jaya Jaitley is a close friend and political colleague of the socialist leader of yesteryears for the last three decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers