SC notice to Leila Kabir on George Fernandes visiting rights
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday issued notice to Leila Kabir Fernandes over a petition filed by Samata Party leader Jaya Jaitley seeking visitation rights to ailing former defence minister George Fernandes.
The apex court bench headed by P. Sathasivam issued notice on Jaitley`s petition challenging an earlier Delhi High Court order rejecting her plea of visitation rights.
Leila Kabir Fernandes is the wife of George Fernandes, who is suffering from Alzheimer`s disease, while Jaya Jaitley is a close friend and political colleague of the socialist leader of yesteryears for the last three decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'