SC orders ND Tiwari to submit blood sample
New Delhi: In a setback to veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari, the Supreme Court Thursday directed him to submit his blood sample for DNA profiling in a paternity suit filed by a young man, Rohit Shekhar, who claims to be his biological son.
The apex court bench of Justice Deepak Verma and Justice S.J. Mukhopadhyay directed Tiwari to submit his blood sample on May 29 after he refused to follow a Delhi High Court order for giving his blood sample.
The apex court said the surgeon of the Dehradun Civil Hospital along with district judge and a pathologist would visit Tiwari to collect his blood sample.
The court said the team would be accompanied by a joint registrar of the Delhi High Court and Rohit Shekhar or any of his representatives when it goes for collecting the sample.
The court also directed that the entire process would be carried out in strict confidentiality and the blood sample kept in sealed cover would be sent to designated lab for DNA profiling.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'