SC orders ND Tiwari to submit blood sample
New Delhi: In a setback to veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari, the Supreme Court Thursday directed him to submit his blood sample for DNA profiling in a paternity suit filed by a young man, Rohit Shekhar, who claims to be his biological son.
The apex court bench of Justice Deepak Verma and Justice S.J. Mukhopadhyay directed Tiwari to submit his blood sample on May 29 after he refused to follow a Delhi High Court order for giving his blood sample.
The apex court said the surgeon of the Dehradun Civil Hospital along with district judge and a pathologist would visit Tiwari to collect his blood sample.
The court said the team would be accompanied by a joint registrar of the Delhi High Court and Rohit Shekhar or any of his representatives when it goes for collecting the sample.
The court also directed that the entire process would be carried out in strict confidentiality and the blood sample kept in sealed cover would be sent to designated lab for DNA profiling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?