SC orders ND Tiwari to submit blood sample
New Delhi: In a setback to veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari, the Supreme Court Thursday directed him to submit his blood sample for DNA profiling in a paternity suit filed by a young man, Rohit Shekhar, who claims to be his biological son.
The apex court bench of Justice Deepak Verma and Justice S.J. Mukhopadhyay directed Tiwari to submit his blood sample on May 29 after he refused to follow a Delhi High Court order for giving his blood sample.
The apex court said the surgeon of the Dehradun Civil Hospital along with district judge and a pathologist would visit Tiwari to collect his blood sample.
The court said the team would be accompanied by a joint registrar of the Delhi High Court and Rohit Shekhar or any of his representatives when it goes for collecting the sample.
The court also directed that the entire process would be carried out in strict confidentiality and the blood sample kept in sealed cover would be sent to designated lab for DNA profiling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test