SC refuses to restrain media on reporting cases involving Asaram
Zee Media Bureau
Surat: In a big setback for self-styled godman Asaram, the Supreme Court on Monday refused to restrain media from reporting cases of sexual assault filed against him and his absconding son Narayan Sai.
However, the apex court cautioned the media to responsibly report criminal cases involving the godman and his son. The apex court also directed the media to avoid sensationalising and present facts related to the cases involving the godman and his family members.
The apex court passed the order in response to a plea moved by the godman seeking a Supreme Court ban on media reporting cases against him and his son.
Asaram and his son Narayan Sai have both been accused in a sexual assault case by two Surat-based sisters.
Narayan Sai has been on the run despite a lookout notice against him. His anticipatory bail plea will be heard in a Surat court today.
Meanwhile, Asaram`s wife and daughter will also be produced before an SIT today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan