SC refuses to restrain media on reporting cases involving Asaram
Zee Media Bureau
Surat: In a big setback for self-styled godman Asaram, the Supreme Court on Monday refused to restrain media from reporting cases of sexual assault filed against him and his absconding son Narayan Sai.
However, the apex court cautioned the media to responsibly report criminal cases involving the godman and his son. The apex court also directed the media to avoid sensationalising and present facts related to the cases involving the godman and his family members.
The apex court passed the order in response to a plea moved by the godman seeking a Supreme Court ban on media reporting cases against him and his son.
Asaram and his son Narayan Sai have both been accused in a sexual assault case by two Surat-based sisters.
Narayan Sai has been on the run despite a lookout notice against him. His anticipatory bail plea will be heard in a Surat court today.
Meanwhile, Asaram`s wife and daughter will also be produced before an SIT today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi