SC reserves order on nursery admissions in Delhi
New Delhi: Nursery admissions in Delhi will have to wait yet again for two more days as the Supreme Court (SC) Monday reserved its order on the plea of the parents on the inter-state transfers who have sought admission of their children.
An apex court bench of Justice HL Dattu, Justice MY Eqbal and Justice SA Bobde reserved the order after senior counsel Nidhesh Gupta told the court that parents of only 24 children have moved the apex court and the Delhi High Court for relief.
The apex court in the course of the last hearing of the matter asked for the list of the parents who have moved to the apex court and the high court for their children`s admissions.
On April 11, the SC put on hold the April 3 Delhi High court nod to the schools to go ahead with the admission process except in cases of admissions of inter-state transfers.
The high court, while permitting admission under all the categories, said that the nursery admissions under inter-state category would wait as it would hear the matter.
The entire admission process under the inter-state category came under a cloud as it was suspected that admissions were being pushed through under the ruse of inter-state transfer cases.
A survey pointed out attempts were being made for admissions under the inter-state category and, that the kids under the neighbourhood category were also losing out to inter-state category as the latter had more points.
However, now it has surfaced that 7,238 applications were genuine and 2,209 were not genuine transfer cases under the inter-state category.
On Dec 18, 2013, the Delhi government issued notification detailing criteria for admissions to nursery section. However, upon finding that a number of false applications had come under the inter-state category, it changed the criteria by a fresh notification.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant