SC seeks govt`s response to PIL on unhygienic sterilization
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday asked the Centre and all the state governments to file their response to a PIL alleging that sterilisation camps for women were being conducted in unhygienic conditions across the country.
A bench of justices R M Lodha and A R Dave adjourned the matter for twelve weeks after the authorities concerned failed to file their response to the PIL filed by a health care activist Devika Biswas.
She has alleged that in places like Bihar, sterilisation camps were being conducted under torch light and anaesthesia was being administered by untrained NGO workers.
The petitioner has submitted that there was evidence to prove that as many as 60 operations were being performed within an hour by an NGO which has a tie-up with the Bihar government.
She has alleged that similar camps were being conducted in different part of the country by various NGOs putting at risk thousands of lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal