SC suspends bail for Kobad Ghandy
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday suspended the Andhra Pradesh High Court order granting bail to Maoist leader Kobad Ghandy, accused of conspiracy in a bomb attack and the 2005 killing of then assembly deputy speaker Narsi Reddy.
The apex court bench headed by Justice B.S. Chauhan also issued a notice to Ghandy on a petition by the Andhra Pradesh government that challenged the high court order.
However, in practical terms, the suspension of the high court order does not materially change the situation as Ghandy is already in jail in connection with his involvement in 20 other cases.
Narsi Reddy and eight others were killed in a bomb attack in Mahboobnagar district of Andhra Pradesh on the eve of the Independence Day in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29