Scarcity of water at Hazare`s protest venue
New Delhi: Scarcity of water at Anna Hazare`s protest venue appears to be putting the Gandhian`s supporters at unease as scores of them had to avail medical care, with one of them even fainting and being rushed to a hospital.
According to Delhi Medical Association, which has set up medical facility at the ground, around 400 people have approached the doctors at the facility complaining about
fever, diarrhoea and vomiting.
"We have had around 400 people approaching us in the past 24 hours," Sachin Bhargava of DMA told a news agency.
He said, the basic problem was because of scarcity and the quality of water they were drinking.
"There is no proper arrangement for water supply and people are not having bottled water. So they are facing problems," he said.
One Vishnu Dutt Sharma from Uttar Pradesh, who was observing a fast at the Maidan, collapsed in the morning and was rushed to LNJP Hospital, where he is being treated. "He did not have food or water for three days. He fell unconscious," he said.
According to the agreement reached between Team Anna and police, the organisers have to arrange for drinking water, medical aid and mobile toilets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?