Scarcity of water at Hazare`s protest venue
New Delhi: Scarcity of water at Anna Hazare`s protest venue appears to be putting the Gandhian`s supporters at unease as scores of them had to avail medical care, with one of them even fainting and being rushed to a hospital.
According to Delhi Medical Association, which has set up medical facility at the ground, around 400 people have approached the doctors at the facility complaining about
fever, diarrhoea and vomiting.
"We have had around 400 people approaching us in the past 24 hours," Sachin Bhargava of DMA told a news agency.
He said, the basic problem was because of scarcity and the quality of water they were drinking.
"There is no proper arrangement for water supply and people are not having bottled water. So they are facing problems," he said.
One Vishnu Dutt Sharma from Uttar Pradesh, who was observing a fast at the Maidan, collapsed in the morning and was rushed to LNJP Hospital, where he is being treated. "He did not have food or water for three days. He fell unconscious," he said.
According to the agreement reached between Team Anna and police, the organisers have to arrange for drinking water, medical aid and mobile toilets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more
- Govt lists GST Bill for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha's agenda for next week
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video