Scattered rains in Delhi, mercury plunges
New Delhi: It was pleasant day in the Capital on Thursday with scattered rains and overcast conditions while weatherman has predicted a decent spell of pre-monsoon showers in the next couple of days which will keep the mercury below normal.
The maximum was recorded at 32.8 deg C which was six degrees below normal and seven degrees below from yesterday`s 39.2 deg C.
However, minimum temperature was a notch above normal at 28.8 deg C and slightly up from previous day`s 27.2 deg C, the MeT department said.
It was high humidity throughout the day which ranged between 62 and 72 per cent.
The MeT department has predicted a partly cloudy sky tomorrow with possibility of light rain and thundershowers in some areas.
The minimum and maximum are likely to remain at 35 and 30 deg C tomorrow, it said.
Meanwhile, dishing out some good news about early arrival of monsoon, weatherman today also predicted a spell of pleasant weather in the days to come.
"Pre-monsoon intermittent spells of rain and thundershowers are expected over Delhi and NCR during next few days with good spells of rain during 15-17 June due to which maximum temperature will remain below normal over Delhi NCR during next 10 days," a statement from the MeT said today.
"The monsoon is likely to advance over some parts of east Uttar Pradesh during 15-16 June and progress rapidly towards northwest India with expected advance over Delhi before schedule. The Monsoon has already advanced over some parts of southeast Rajasthan," it said.
India Meteorological Department Director General L S Rathore had said yesterday that monsoon is expected to bring its showers to Delhi at least a week ahead of the normal onset date of June 29.
The earliest onset over Delhi was on 2008 when monsoon rains reached the capital on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!