Scattered rains in Delhi, mercury plunges
New Delhi: It was pleasant day in the Capital on Thursday with scattered rains and overcast conditions while weatherman has predicted a decent spell of pre-monsoon showers in the next couple of days which will keep the mercury below normal.
The maximum was recorded at 32.8 deg C which was six degrees below normal and seven degrees below from yesterday`s 39.2 deg C.
However, minimum temperature was a notch above normal at 28.8 deg C and slightly up from previous day`s 27.2 deg C, the MeT department said.
It was high humidity throughout the day which ranged between 62 and 72 per cent.
The MeT department has predicted a partly cloudy sky tomorrow with possibility of light rain and thundershowers in some areas.
The minimum and maximum are likely to remain at 35 and 30 deg C tomorrow, it said.
Meanwhile, dishing out some good news about early arrival of monsoon, weatherman today also predicted a spell of pleasant weather in the days to come.
"Pre-monsoon intermittent spells of rain and thundershowers are expected over Delhi and NCR during next few days with good spells of rain during 15-17 June due to which maximum temperature will remain below normal over Delhi NCR during next 10 days," a statement from the MeT said today.
"The monsoon is likely to advance over some parts of east Uttar Pradesh during 15-16 June and progress rapidly towards northwest India with expected advance over Delhi before schedule. The Monsoon has already advanced over some parts of southeast Rajasthan," it said.
India Meteorological Department Director General L S Rathore had said yesterday that monsoon is expected to bring its showers to Delhi at least a week ahead of the normal onset date of June 29.
The earliest onset over Delhi was on 2008 when monsoon rains reached the capital on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule