Scattered rains in Delhi, mercury plunges
New Delhi: It was pleasant day in the Capital on Thursday with scattered rains and overcast conditions while weatherman has predicted a decent spell of pre-monsoon showers in the next couple of days which will keep the mercury below normal.
The maximum was recorded at 32.8 deg C which was six degrees below normal and seven degrees below from yesterday`s 39.2 deg C.
However, minimum temperature was a notch above normal at 28.8 deg C and slightly up from previous day`s 27.2 deg C, the MeT department said.
It was high humidity throughout the day which ranged between 62 and 72 per cent.
The MeT department has predicted a partly cloudy sky tomorrow with possibility of light rain and thundershowers in some areas.
The minimum and maximum are likely to remain at 35 and 30 deg C tomorrow, it said.
Meanwhile, dishing out some good news about early arrival of monsoon, weatherman today also predicted a spell of pleasant weather in the days to come.
"Pre-monsoon intermittent spells of rain and thundershowers are expected over Delhi and NCR during next few days with good spells of rain during 15-17 June due to which maximum temperature will remain below normal over Delhi NCR during next 10 days," a statement from the MeT said today.
"The monsoon is likely to advance over some parts of east Uttar Pradesh during 15-16 June and progress rapidly towards northwest India with expected advance over Delhi before schedule. The Monsoon has already advanced over some parts of southeast Rajasthan," it said.
India Meteorological Department Director General L S Rathore had said yesterday that monsoon is expected to bring its showers to Delhi at least a week ahead of the normal onset date of June 29.
The earliest onset over Delhi was on 2008 when monsoon rains reached the capital on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends