School kids, Ruksana hold prayers for peace in coming year
New Delhi: School children, kin of terror
victims and people who confronted militants today held prayers
for peace in 2010.
Students, activists including All India Anti-Terrorist
Front chairman M S Bitta and Rukshana Kausar, who had killed a
LeT militant on September 27 in Jammu and Kashmir, freed
pigeons and prayed for global peace.
"Political parties should rise above vote-bank politics
to fight the scourge of terrorism unitedly. We should unite
and be ready to counter the menace. Rukhsana is an example for
us," Bitta told the gathering, as children released balloons
with a message `we want global peace`.
The participants included 5-year-old Ishita, who lost her
parents in the Paharganj blasts, DTC driver Kuldeep Singh who
was injured in the Sarojini Nagar blast and Rukshana`s brother
"We as citizens should be united in tackling terrorism.
We do not want terrorists to kill our parents. We hope for a
terror-free world in the coming year," said 20-year-old
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder