School principal arrested for trying to rape daughter-in-law
New Delhi: A principal of a private
school in north-east Delhi was arrested for allegedly trying
to rape his daughter-in-law who is a guest lecturer in a
college, police said today.
The incident was reported from Kanjhawla last night
and the arrested person has been identified as Ranvir Singh.
The victim was alone at her house when the incident
took place. Her husband had gone out for some work when the
incident took place.
Singh allegedly tore her clothes and tried to rape
her but she managed to escape from him.
When her husband came back, she narrated the incident.
He then took her to police station and filed a
complaint. A case was registered.
Singh was arrested after medical examination of the
victim. He has denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali