School to be named after Delhi gang-rape victim
New Delhi: A primary school in the native village of the Delhi gang-rape victim will be named after her as a mark of tribute to the braveheart.
Announcing this on Tuesday, village head said the decision was taken in accordance with the wishes of the village and girl`s family members.
A meeting of the village panchayat will soon be convened to complete the related formalities, he said.
Girl`s family members have also demanded construction of a memorial for her, besides initiation of other development works in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"