School to be named after Delhi gang-rape victim
New Delhi: A primary school in the native village of the Delhi gang-rape victim will be named after her as a mark of tribute to the braveheart.
Announcing this on Tuesday, village head said the decision was taken in accordance with the wishes of the village and girl`s family members.
A meeting of the village panchayat will soon be convened to complete the related formalities, he said.
Girl`s family members have also demanded construction of a memorial for her, besides initiation of other development works in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!