School to be named after Delhi gang-rape victim
New Delhi: A primary school in the native village of the Delhi gang-rape victim will be named after her as a mark of tribute to the braveheart.
Announcing this on Tuesday, village head said the decision was taken in accordance with the wishes of the village and girl`s family members.
A meeting of the village panchayat will soon be convened to complete the related formalities, he said.
Girl`s family members have also demanded construction of a memorial for her, besides initiation of other development works in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway