Scorching day in store for Delhi
New Delhi: It was a searing morning for the capital on Saturday with the minimum temperature settling four notches above average for the season at 31.5 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast a scorching day ahead.
"Sky would remain clear throughout the day. The maximum temperature will stay around 43 degrees Celsius," said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 37 percent.
Friday`s maximum temperature was recorded six notches above average at 42 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was three notches above what is normal for this time of the season at 31.6 degrees Celsius.
According to the Met department, there is still a week to go before monsoon provides respite to Delhi residents.
"The dry spell is expected to last for at least a week more as the monsoon winds have not advanced from Uttar Pradesh to Delhi and its neighbouring areas," the IMD official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself