Scorching day in store for Delhi
New Delhi: It was a searing morning for the capital on Saturday with the minimum temperature settling four notches above average for the season at 31.5 degrees Celsius. The weather office has forecast a scorching day ahead.
"Sky would remain clear throughout the day. The maximum temperature will stay around 43 degrees Celsius," said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 37 percent.
Friday`s maximum temperature was recorded six notches above average at 42 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was three notches above what is normal for this time of the season at 31.6 degrees Celsius.
According to the Met department, there is still a week to go before monsoon provides respite to Delhi residents.
"The dry spell is expected to last for at least a week more as the monsoon winds have not advanced from Uttar Pradesh to Delhi and its neighbouring areas," the IMD official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory