Scuffle in MCD meeting
New Delhi: A meeting of Municipal
Corporation of Delhi was on Monday marred by verbal duel and
scuffle between ruling BJP and opposition Congress
Councillors, after which both the parties announced that they
would stage protests over the issue.
The trouble started over the issue of irregularities
in the civic body`s pension scheme for elderly, widows and
Congress Councillors pointed out that due to
unearthing of a scam, the MCD has stopped giving pension to
all beneficiaries under the scheme for the last several
As they started protesting and raising slogans, the
BJP Councillors also retorted. Soon, a ruckus ensued.
In the melee, two women Councillors of Congress and
BJP were seen entering into a scuffle. Several others had
Later, Leader of the House Subhash Arya alleged that
Leader of Opposition Jai Kisan Sharma had made derogatory
remarks against BJP`s Yogender Chandolia, who belongs to the
Scheduled Caste community.
He said BJP’s SC Councillors, along with party`s Scheduled
Caste Morcha members, will stage a march towards the residence
of Congress president Sonia Gandhi tomorrow to register their
On the other hand, Sharma alleged that BJP Councillors
"misbehaved" with Muslim Councillor Nafisa Khatoon during
the ruckus and said the Congress members will stage a dharna
at MCD headquarters at Town Hall tomorrow.
Sharma also said they will meet the President of India
to complain against the behaviour of BJP Councillors, who
"misbehaved with and manhandled the Congress Councillors when
they raised voice against the working of BJP administration".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi