SDM acted in a "corrupt" manner: Delhi HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has pulled
up a Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) for "abuse of his power"
by passing an order in a hurry without giving any notice to
the concerned parties in a land dispute case saying he
conducted in a "corrupt manner".
"The parties were all along contesting rights over the
land in various courts. However, the SDM, in patent abuse of
his power, conducted the proceedings on 17th December, 2009,
late at night, in the absence of the petitioner. When he
learnt, he went to the SDM but he was not allowed to
participate in the proceedings and in gross misuse of his
power passed the order," said Justice Shiv Narayan Dhingra in
a recent order.
Setting aside the December 2009 order passed by Vivek
Tripathy, SDM, Vasant Vihar, Justice Dhingra expressed his
anguish and said "it is most unfortunate that an SDM holding a
responsible post in executive could have acted in such a
corrupt manner that he could pass an order without caring for
the orders passed by his predecessor in respect of the same
The court said the SDM`s senior had passed an order in
favour of Sanjeev Kumar Sharma after withdrawing 14 biswas
excess land from K Puri, late father of Usha Puri, petitioner,
in Bijwasan village.
"The present SDM in teeth of this order of his
predecessor still passed the impugned order....The act of the
SDM on the face of it is purely a malafide act as he had not
taken into consideration the judgement passed by this court
and the order passed by his Consolidated Officer and his own
ADM that there was an excess land alloted to Puri and after
demarcation the land was allotted to Sharma," the court said.
Following a legal battle for several years, the 14 biswas
land was alloted to Sharma and physical possession was given
to him with the help of local police in 2001. Again, Puri had
contested the order in various forums and all went against
However, in December 2009, on an application of Puri
for repossess, the SDM passed an ex-parte order in a hurry
favouring Puri without issuing even a notice to Sharma. Later,
he declined Sharma`s plea for re-hearing of the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA