SDMC asked to remove illegal construction by MLA`s nephew
New Delhi: Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin has directed South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) to remove unauthorised construction carried out in posh Jungpura area allegedly by a nephew of local MLA Tarvinder Singh Marwah.
The Lokayukta has asked the civic body to remove the unauthorised constructions in the area with "promptitude" so that a clear message is sent that rigours of law are not only for the common citizen but also apply with "equal vigour" to those who may be occupying high echelons of power.
The order by the Lokayukta came in response to a petition filed by Subhash, a resident of Bhogal. After a hearing on February 1, the Lokayukta had sought reports from concerned authorities including police.
The complainant alleged that Ravinder Singh Marwah, nephew of Tarvinder, had constructed a number of unauthorised flats, some of which were built on encroached land.
In his order, the Lokayukta has asked Joint Commissioner of Police of South Eastern Range to provide adequate police force to help the civic body carry out the demolition of the illegal constructions that have been identified.
"It is hoped and expected that the corporation, which has found for itself the existence of buildings recently constructed from basement to four floors without sanctioned plans and also constructions of similar nature on public land, will act decisively and effectively," Justice Sarin said in a recent order.
The Lokayukta said communication from Joint Commissioner of police of South Eastern Range said that "construction work is being carried out by one Ravinder Marwah alias Kaplu, nephew of Tarvinder Singh Marwah".
President of Jungpura Residents` Welfare Association Monu Chadha said he had filed numerous petitions against the MLA and his nephew for carrying out large number of unauthorised constructions in the posh locality.
"I had filed numerous complaints pertaining to illegal constructions and encroachment on government land by Ravinder Singh Marwah on plot no 2/53, 2/54, 2/56, 2/57, 2/58 in Jungpura A to authorities as well as to the Lt Governor to take appropriate action. But no action has been taken due to intervention of MLA Tarvinder Singh Marwah," Chadha claimed.
Repeated attempts to contact Ravinder Singh Marwah and Tarvinder Singh Marwah did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state