SDMC asked to remove illegal construction by MLA`s nephew
New Delhi: Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin has directed South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) to remove unauthorised construction carried out in posh Jungpura area allegedly by a nephew of local MLA Tarvinder Singh Marwah.
The Lokayukta has asked the civic body to remove the unauthorised constructions in the area with "promptitude" so that a clear message is sent that rigours of law are not only for the common citizen but also apply with "equal vigour" to those who may be occupying high echelons of power.
The order by the Lokayukta came in response to a petition filed by Subhash, a resident of Bhogal. After a hearing on February 1, the Lokayukta had sought reports from concerned authorities including police.
The complainant alleged that Ravinder Singh Marwah, nephew of Tarvinder, had constructed a number of unauthorised flats, some of which were built on encroached land.
In his order, the Lokayukta has asked Joint Commissioner of Police of South Eastern Range to provide adequate police force to help the civic body carry out the demolition of the illegal constructions that have been identified.
"It is hoped and expected that the corporation, which has found for itself the existence of buildings recently constructed from basement to four floors without sanctioned plans and also constructions of similar nature on public land, will act decisively and effectively," Justice Sarin said in a recent order.
The Lokayukta said communication from Joint Commissioner of police of South Eastern Range said that "construction work is being carried out by one Ravinder Marwah alias Kaplu, nephew of Tarvinder Singh Marwah".
President of Jungpura Residents` Welfare Association Monu Chadha said he had filed numerous petitions against the MLA and his nephew for carrying out large number of unauthorised constructions in the posh locality.
"I had filed numerous complaints pertaining to illegal constructions and encroachment on government land by Ravinder Singh Marwah on plot no 2/53, 2/54, 2/56, 2/57, 2/58 in Jungpura A to authorities as well as to the Lt Governor to take appropriate action. But no action has been taken due to intervention of MLA Tarvinder Singh Marwah," Chadha claimed.
Repeated attempts to contact Ravinder Singh Marwah and Tarvinder Singh Marwah did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened