SDMC asked to remove illegal construction by MLA`s nephew
New Delhi: Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin has directed South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) to remove unauthorised construction carried out in posh Jungpura area allegedly by a nephew of local MLA Tarvinder Singh Marwah.
The Lokayukta has asked the civic body to remove the unauthorised constructions in the area with "promptitude" so that a clear message is sent that rigours of law are not only for the common citizen but also apply with "equal vigour" to those who may be occupying high echelons of power.
The order by the Lokayukta came in response to a petition filed by Subhash, a resident of Bhogal. After a hearing on February 1, the Lokayukta had sought reports from concerned authorities including police.
The complainant alleged that Ravinder Singh Marwah, nephew of Tarvinder, had constructed a number of unauthorised flats, some of which were built on encroached land.
In his order, the Lokayukta has asked Joint Commissioner of Police of South Eastern Range to provide adequate police force to help the civic body carry out the demolition of the illegal constructions that have been identified.
"It is hoped and expected that the corporation, which has found for itself the existence of buildings recently constructed from basement to four floors without sanctioned plans and also constructions of similar nature on public land, will act decisively and effectively," Justice Sarin said in a recent order.
The Lokayukta said communication from Joint Commissioner of police of South Eastern Range said that "construction work is being carried out by one Ravinder Marwah alias Kaplu, nephew of Tarvinder Singh Marwah".
President of Jungpura Residents` Welfare Association Monu Chadha said he had filed numerous petitions against the MLA and his nephew for carrying out large number of unauthorised constructions in the posh locality.
"I had filed numerous complaints pertaining to illegal constructions and encroachment on government land by Ravinder Singh Marwah on plot no 2/53, 2/54, 2/56, 2/57, 2/58 in Jungpura A to authorities as well as to the Lt Governor to take appropriate action. But no action has been taken due to intervention of MLA Tarvinder Singh Marwah," Chadha claimed.
Repeated attempts to contact Ravinder Singh Marwah and Tarvinder Singh Marwah did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'