SDMC launches cleanliness drive
New Delhi: The South Delhi Municipal Corporation on Monday launched an over fortnight-long cleanliness drive to maintain a hygienic atmosphere in the city ahead of the monsoon season.
The drive was launched in all its four zones -- Central, South, West and Najafgarh by the civic body`s senior officials.
While South Delhi Mayor Khushi Ram Chunar launched the drive from Greater Kailash, Chairman of Standing Committee Satish Upadhayay, Leader of the House Subhash Arya and Deputy Chairman of Standing Committee Pankaj Singh started the drive from Saket, Rajouri Garden and Najafgarh respectively.
The drive would involve monitoring of the day-to-day cleaning of all areas, lifting of solid waste and cleanliness of public urinals. It will also include steps like control of water and vector-borne diseases, repair and maintenance of roads, maintenance of parks and streetlights, the Mayor said in a statement.
He said that SDMC will co-ordinate with RWAs and other government agencies in this drive to improve the level of cleanliness and sanitation in areas under its jurisdiction, adding more emphasis will be laid on cleaning of dhalao-ghars (garbage dumps), roads and narrow lanes of unauthorised colonies.
Chairman Standing Committee, Upadhyay on the occasion said, citizens could register their complaints regarding sanitation conditions in the control room of SDMC and he also directed civic officials that all the complaints should be addressed immediately.
Leader of the House, Arya said senior officials of SDMC will carry regular field inspections to monitor the drive.
Deputy Chairman Singh said other issues would also be addressed such as control of water and vector-borne diseases, repair and maintenance of roads, footpaths, pavements, maintenance of park, functioning of parks, streetlights and high-mast lights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court
- Happy anniversary, Voyager 2: NASA celebrates spacecraft's legacy 35 years on!
- India ranked worst performer at Rio Olympics amongst medal winning countries
- Should Rahul be blamed for all Congressmen's crimes, asks BJP