SDMC launches cleanliness drive
New Delhi: The South Delhi Municipal Corporation on Monday launched an over fortnight-long cleanliness drive to maintain a hygienic atmosphere in the city ahead of the monsoon season.
The drive was launched in all its four zones -- Central, South, West and Najafgarh by the civic body`s senior officials.
While South Delhi Mayor Khushi Ram Chunar launched the drive from Greater Kailash, Chairman of Standing Committee Satish Upadhayay, Leader of the House Subhash Arya and Deputy Chairman of Standing Committee Pankaj Singh started the drive from Saket, Rajouri Garden and Najafgarh respectively.
The drive would involve monitoring of the day-to-day cleaning of all areas, lifting of solid waste and cleanliness of public urinals. It will also include steps like control of water and vector-borne diseases, repair and maintenance of roads, maintenance of parks and streetlights, the Mayor said in a statement.
He said that SDMC will co-ordinate with RWAs and other government agencies in this drive to improve the level of cleanliness and sanitation in areas under its jurisdiction, adding more emphasis will be laid on cleaning of dhalao-ghars (garbage dumps), roads and narrow lanes of unauthorised colonies.
Chairman Standing Committee, Upadhyay on the occasion said, citizens could register their complaints regarding sanitation conditions in the control room of SDMC and he also directed civic officials that all the complaints should be addressed immediately.
Leader of the House, Arya said senior officials of SDMC will carry regular field inspections to monitor the drive.
Deputy Chairman Singh said other issues would also be addressed such as control of water and vector-borne diseases, repair and maintenance of roads, footpaths, pavements, maintenance of park, functioning of parks, streetlights and high-mast lights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say