SDMC to have six zones now
New Delhi: The South Delhi Municipal Corporation on Tuesday passed a proposal to divide its existing four zones into six smaller zones for better administration.
The proposal was passed in a meeting of the House of South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC).
The existing four zones are South, Central, Najafgarh and West.
"By having smaller zones, offices will be closer to the people,” said SDMC Leader of the House Subhash Arya.
The SDMC, which is presently being operated from Civic Centre, has also passed a proposal to build its headquarters at Vasant Kunj or RK Puram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi