SDMC to have six zones now
New Delhi: The South Delhi Municipal Corporation on Tuesday passed a proposal to divide its existing four zones into six smaller zones for better administration.
The proposal was passed in a meeting of the House of South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC).
The existing four zones are South, Central, Najafgarh and West.
"By having smaller zones, offices will be closer to the people,” said SDMC Leader of the House Subhash Arya.
The SDMC, which is presently being operated from Civic Centre, has also passed a proposal to build its headquarters at Vasant Kunj or RK Puram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed