SDMC to have six zones now
New Delhi: The South Delhi Municipal Corporation on Tuesday passed a proposal to divide its existing four zones into six smaller zones for better administration.
The proposal was passed in a meeting of the House of South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC).
The existing four zones are South, Central, Najafgarh and West.
"By having smaller zones, offices will be closer to the people,” said SDMC Leader of the House Subhash Arya.
The SDMC, which is presently being operated from Civic Centre, has also passed a proposal to build its headquarters at Vasant Kunj or RK Puram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley