Searing day, no rains for Delhi
New Delhi: The searing heat continued in the capital on Sunday with the minimum temperature settling four notches above average at 31.4 degrees Celsius. With no rains expected, the weather office has forecast a partly cloudy, scorching day in store.
"The skies will be partly cloudy but there is no forecast of rain... The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 43 degrees," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Monsoon missed its scheduled date with the capital on June 29 as the monsoon winds were not advancing from Uttar Pradesh.
The IMD, however, said that rains are expected to lash the capital soon.
"Rains are expected any day after July 03," said the IMD official.
Saturday`s maximum temperature was six degrees above normal at 42.4 degrees, while the minimum temperature shot four degrees above normal at 31.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- No respite from flood situation in UP, Bihar; schools closed in Allahabad, Varanasi
- India's private airlines request govt to allow them skip Pakistani airspace
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport