Searing day, no rains for Delhi
New Delhi: The searing heat continued in the capital on Sunday with the minimum temperature settling four notches above average at 31.4 degrees Celsius. With no rains expected, the weather office has forecast a partly cloudy, scorching day in store.
"The skies will be partly cloudy but there is no forecast of rain... The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 43 degrees," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Monsoon missed its scheduled date with the capital on June 29 as the monsoon winds were not advancing from Uttar Pradesh.
The IMD, however, said that rains are expected to lash the capital soon.
"Rains are expected any day after July 03," said the IMD official.
Saturday`s maximum temperature was six degrees above normal at 42.4 degrees, while the minimum temperature shot four degrees above normal at 31.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley