Searing day, no rains for Delhi
New Delhi: The searing heat continued in the capital on Sunday with the minimum temperature settling four notches above average at 31.4 degrees Celsius. With no rains expected, the weather office has forecast a partly cloudy, scorching day in store.
"The skies will be partly cloudy but there is no forecast of rain... The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 43 degrees," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Monsoon missed its scheduled date with the capital on June 29 as the monsoon winds were not advancing from Uttar Pradesh.
The IMD, however, said that rains are expected to lash the capital soon.
"Rains are expected any day after July 03," said the IMD official.
Saturday`s maximum temperature was six degrees above normal at 42.4 degrees, while the minimum temperature shot four degrees above normal at 31.5 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday