Second accused in kidnap-cum murder case held
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Friday, October 11, 2013, 00:07
  
New Delhi: A man, arrested for the alleged kidnap and murder a 5-year-old boy in 2012, told police how he and his accomplice brutally chopped the body of the minor into pieces and dumped it in a jungle area after his father could not pay a ransom of Rs 4 lakh, police said on Thursday.

Mahendra (40), who was arrested last night from the Sarai Kale Khan area, has told police that the incident took place last year.

"Mahendra told us that he, along with his accomplice Riyaz had kidnapped Pradeep, from outside his house in the Amar Colony area of south Delhi in July 2012. They then made a ransom call of Rs 4 lakh to his father," said a police official.

However, when the boy's father who was a washer man failed to pay them the money, they took the child to south Delhi's Sukhdev Vihar and killed him and then chopped his body into several pieces and dumped them in the jungle, he said.

Although Riyaz was arrested in August for the kidnapping, he never disclosed to police about the gruesome killing of the boy.

After the incident, Mahendra spent some time in Ludhiana, and then lived in Srinivaspuri under a fake identity.

On his instance, police recovered the mortal remains of the boy from the jungle which would be sent to a forensic laboratory for verification, police said.

PTI

First Published: Friday, October 11, 2013, 00:07


comments powered by Disqus