Security arrangements for Beating retreat ceremony
New Delhi: Elaborate security arrangements have been made for the Beating the Retreat ceremony here on Tuesday, marking the end of Republic Day celebrations.
Bands from Army, Navy and Air Force will play various military tunes at the ceremony which will be held at Vijay Chowk.
Vijay Chowk will remain closed to traffic between 4 pm and 9:30 pm tomorrow and day after, while DTC and private buses which pass through Vijay Chowk will be diverted.
President Pranab Mukherjee will be the chief guest of the function.
"Vijay Chowk will remain closed for general traffic," a senior police official said, adding that Rajpath, between Vijay Chowk and C-Hexagon at India Gate, will be open only for pedestrians.
Metro stations in and around Rajpath will be closed from 3 PM to 6.30 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information