Security aspects of Aerocity being looked
New Delhi: The Government on Thursday said a committee has been set up by Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) to examine the security aspects related to the Aero City Project coming up near Indira Gandhi International Airport here.
"As soon as that report (of the Committee) comes...government will take action," Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy said in Rajya Sabha during the Question Hour.
The Delhi Police, in a letter to the BCAS, had raised concerns of "security threat" due to the close proximity of the aerocity project to the runaway and possibility of
congestion due to the commercial activity.
The minister, however, said necessary approvals, like that from fire department, have been given to the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report
- Sex workers suffer ''horrific'' rape, beatings and discrimination: Report
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo fit and ready to fire Real Madrid to more European glory
- Islamic State claims fatal stabbing of Bangladeshi Hindu: SITE