Security beefed up in Delhi airport
New Delhi: Security at both terminals of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) Monday has been beefed up following a terrorist attack on Jinnah International Airport i Karachi, Pakistan, Sunday night.
At least 23 people, including 10 militants, were killed during the attack.
Over 5,000 Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel, deployed for the IGIA`s security, have been asked to be vigilant and to keep a close watch for any suspicious activity.
"Delhi Police, which is responsible for the outside security of the airport will be more vigilant following the attack on the Pakistani airport," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder