Security beefed up in Delhi airport
New Delhi: Security at both terminals of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) Monday has been beefed up following a terrorist attack on Jinnah International Airport i Karachi, Pakistan, Sunday night.
At least 23 people, including 10 militants, were killed during the attack.
Over 5,000 Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel, deployed for the IGIA`s security, have been asked to be vigilant and to keep a close watch for any suspicious activity.
"Delhi Police, which is responsible for the outside security of the airport will be more vigilant following the attack on the Pakistani airport," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured