Security beefed up in Delhi airport
New Delhi: Security at both terminals of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) Monday has been beefed up following a terrorist attack on Jinnah International Airport i Karachi, Pakistan, Sunday night.
At least 23 people, including 10 militants, were killed during the attack.
Over 5,000 Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel, deployed for the IGIA`s security, have been asked to be vigilant and to keep a close watch for any suspicious activity.
"Delhi Police, which is responsible for the outside security of the airport will be more vigilant following the attack on the Pakistani airport," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre