Security beefed up in Delhi airport
New Delhi: Security at both terminals of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) Monday has been beefed up following a terrorist attack on Jinnah International Airport i Karachi, Pakistan, Sunday night.
At least 23 people, including 10 militants, were killed during the attack.
Over 5,000 Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel, deployed for the IGIA`s security, have been asked to be vigilant and to keep a close watch for any suspicious activity.
"Delhi Police, which is responsible for the outside security of the airport will be more vigilant following the attack on the Pakistani airport," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week