Security beefed up in Delhi airport
New Delhi: Security at both terminals of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) Monday has been beefed up following a terrorist attack on Jinnah International Airport i Karachi, Pakistan, Sunday night.
At least 23 people, including 10 militants, were killed during the attack.
Over 5,000 Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel, deployed for the IGIA`s security, have been asked to be vigilant and to keep a close watch for any suspicious activity.
"Delhi Police, which is responsible for the outside security of the airport will be more vigilant following the attack on the Pakistani airport," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security