Security drills at Metro stations in Delhi
New Delhi: Security drills were conducted at four Metro stations in the national capital on Friday to check the preparedness of various agencies in case of a terror
strike on the facilities.
The exercise was conducted at Metro stations in Rajouri Garden, Mandi House, Netaji Subhash Place and Dilshad Garden.
Commuters at these four Metro Stations were evacuated as
part of the drills. The exercise caused disruption of Metro
services and some inconvenience to passengers at other Metro
Different scenarios like explosives-laden truck hitting a
Metro pillar and a powerful bomb blast near ticket counter
were enacted as part of the drill.
The mock drills were supervised by officials from Delhi
Disaster Management Authority.
Metro officials said the aim of the drill was to check
the preparedness of the DMRC staff and the security agencies
More than 15 mock drills have been conducted at various
Metro stations in the last five years in which scenarios such
as terrorist attacks, evacuation of trains and stations,
derailment and fire were created.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai