Security drills at Metro stations in Delhi
New Delhi: Security drills were conducted at four Metro stations in the national capital on Friday to check the preparedness of various agencies in case of a terror
strike on the facilities.
The exercise was conducted at Metro stations in Rajouri Garden, Mandi House, Netaji Subhash Place and Dilshad Garden.
Commuters at these four Metro Stations were evacuated as
part of the drills. The exercise caused disruption of Metro
services and some inconvenience to passengers at other Metro
Different scenarios like explosives-laden truck hitting a
Metro pillar and a powerful bomb blast near ticket counter
were enacted as part of the drill.
The mock drills were supervised by officials from Delhi
Disaster Management Authority.
Metro officials said the aim of the drill was to check
the preparedness of the DMRC staff and the security agencies
More than 15 mock drills have been conducted at various
Metro stations in the last five years in which scenarios such
as terrorist attacks, evacuation of trains and stations,
derailment and fire were created.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery